To enable m-commerce on your mobile website, first you need to enter the PayPal account information. Click on the “M-commerce” link on your dashboard page:
- Click Profile under My Account.
- Click My selling tools.
- Click API Access.
- Click on Request API credentials:
- Select Request API Signature and click Agree and Submit:
Copy the settings for API Username, API Password and Signature
- and paste them to the PayPal configuration fields:
- Here you can also set your currency, configure “Add to cart” and “Checkout” buttons (colors and text), and set up your “Thank you” and “Cancel” pages.
- A “Thank you” page is the page your buyers return to after completing the transaction. A “Cancel” page is the page your buyers are taken to in case they decide to cancel their transaction.
- Please be aware if your mobile page URL (including the “Thank you” or “Cancel” pages) contains an underscore (e.g. my _mobisite.com ), you will need to rename the URL (or use a custom domain) so it does not contain the “_”.
- The final step is to go to your page in Edit mode, and drag the Product (M-commerce) widget to your page.
- If you are selling multiple products, then you can add multiple Product (M-commerce) widgets to the page.
- Note: to display the details about your product, please make sure to add other widgets (Text, Picture, Image Gallery or Youtube Video) to your page also!
- Set your payment type (Buy or Donate) as well as product options (simple product, product with options, etc) and other parameters.
- Quantity checkbox – if you leave the “Buyer can select quantity to buy” option unchecked, buyer will be able to purchase only 1 item. You can use this option for items like a membership or a downloadable product, and not for products that can be bought in multiple quantities (like t-shirts, books or event tickets).
- If your product comes in different sizes, shapes or colors, you can add these choices via product options: