In order to set up a kiosk, you must purchase a kiosk license key first. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in purchasing a kiosk license key.
1. Once you have a kiosk license key, you will find it under your Administrator Dashboard by going to Tools > Kiosk Licenses
2. In the Kiosk License page, click on the pencil icon under the Kiosk column to edit the kiosk settings. You will now be presented with a Kiosk Configuration window.
3. In the Kiosk Configuration window, click advertiser drop-down menu to select the advertiser you want the Kiosk to be assigned to.
4. In the Pin Code field, type a 4-digit code you'd like to assign to the advertiser. This pin code will be used to log into the backend of the kiosk from the tablet itself.
5. In the Tag Line field, type the desired tag line that will be displayed on the kiosk screen, for example: "Enter your mobile number to join!"
6. In the Thank You Screen field, type the desired thank you message that will appear after a customer enters their mobile number, for example: "A message was sent to your phone"
7. When a new customer enters their number, a pop-up screen will appear to confirm that they want to join or opt-in your program. In the Pop Up Language field, type the details that you'd like to appear on this confirmation pop up screen, for example: "By clicking CONFIRM for your mobile#, you are choosing to receive program related Text Messages. You may text STOP to discontinue messages. Standard messaging rates may apply based on your plan with your mobile carrier." You also have the option disable the pop-up confirmation screen. For this, uncheck Popup Option below the Footer field.
8. In the Footer field, type any additional information you'd like to be displayed at the bottom of the kiosk screen, for example: "Lime Cellular ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"
9. Under Mode, click on the drop-down menu to select the kiosk mode you'd like to set up. You can select "OptIn" to have customers added to an opt-in list or select "Loyalty" to have customers join a Loyalty Rewards Program.
10. If you selected "OptIn" mode, you will have to select an opt-in list from the drop-down menu under Opt-In List. If you selected "Loyalty" mode, you will have to select a loyalty program from the drop-down menu under Loyalty Program.
11. In the Background Color field, you will need to select a color for the kiosk background by clicking "Select" or if you have a specific hex color code you'd like to use, you can enter it in the field.
12. In the Banner section, you have the option to select a banner, such as an image or logo that will be displayed on the kiosk screen. Click on "Choose File" to upload your banner. Once your banner has been uploaded you will see how it looks under the Preview section. Make sure your banner is a supported file format (jpg, gif, png or bmp). You can also click on Recommended Sizes to see the best sizes depending on the tablet screen size (800 x 400 pixels for 10" tablet or 800 x 160 pixels for 8" tablet).
13. Optional: You can click on Load Defaults to use your default Kiosk Template. You can set up a Default Kiosk Template in the Kiosk License Keys menu by clicking Default Kiosk and creating your Default Kiosk Template. This is designed for businesses that may have multiple locations for example.
14. Once you're done making changes, click Save.
1. Turn on the tablet by pressing the power button located on the top right corner of the tablet.
2. Once the tablet has been powered on, enter the License Key that was provided to you via email. You can also find the License Key under your Administrator Dashboard by going to Tools > Kiosk Licenses. You will know what License Key to use because it will show a "Pending" status. Once you've entered the License Key in the tablet, the status will change to "In Use."
NOTE: For users with their own tablet: Go to Limecellular.com/app and download the application on the tablet. You must allow the tablet to download apps from unknown sources in order to use the kiosk app. Go to the tablet settings and select Security > Unknown Sources - switch the toggle to "on."
3. Once that is completed, the tablet will load up the information you entered in the Kiosk Configuration.
Note: Whenever you make changes in the Kiosk Configuration you will need to go to the tablet and enter the 4-digit code you've previously chosen in the Kiosk Configuration in order to sync the changes with the tablet.
Tablet's Settings Menu
Now you that your tablet has been set up, you have the option to access the tablet's settings menu directly from the tablet.
1. In the tablet screen, enter the 4-digit code you've previously chosen in the Kiosk Configuration window. By entering the 4-digit code, you will be redirected to the tablet's settings menu.
2. By tapping the three bars on the top left corner of the screen, you'll be able to view the settings.
- Home Screen: Takes you back to the regular tablet screen that customers will see.
- Text Blast: Allows you to send or schedule a text blast directly from the tablet to the list of numbers associated with the tablet.
- Scheduled Blasts: Allows you to see your scheduled text blasts. You also have the option to delete scheduled blasts.
- History: Allows you to see the history of the messages that you've sent from the tablet. You also have the option to copy the text of the messages, so you can later paste them into other messages by going Text Blast in the settings.
- About: Allows you to view technical information about the tablet.
3. You’re all set. Have a blast!
Overview Video Tutorial