You can use content groups to create default text messages for your advertisers. Messages can be organized for each vertical such as doctor offices and restaurants, for example. You will have to assign each Content Group to a Group for it to show on the advertiser dashboard.
Creating a Content Group
- Let's say that you're creating a content group for a grocery store that has five locations. To get started, go to your administrator dashboard and select "Content Groups" under Enterprise Boost:
- In the next page, click on "Create New":
- Give your Content Group a name then click "Create":
- Your new content group will then shown in your list of content groups. To continue, click on the edit button to the right:
- In the next page, click "Add New Template":
- Continue by adding a name and message for your template then click "Add":
- Your new template will then shown in your list of templates:
- Continue to add new templates as desired.
Adding a Content Group to a Group
- When your content group is ready, go to the administrator dashboard and click on "Groups" under Enterprise Boost:
- In the new page, find the group you'll be assigning the content group to, click on the three green dots to the right, and click on "Edit":
- Under the Group's settings, you will find the option to select a content group:
- Select your desired group:
- Don't forget to click "Save."
Using the templates created in a Content Group
- Go to the advertiser that was assigned your Content Group
- In the advertiser's dashboard, click on "Text Blasts" under "Features":
- In the next page, go to the "Select Template" drop-down menu to the right:
- Select the template you've created:
- The content of your template will be displayed to the left:
- From there, continue to configure your text blast options as you normally would.
You're all set. Have a blast!