Our system lets you upload mobile phone numbers you have collected to the system. Here is a step by step guide on how to use the Upload Contacts tool on your advertiser dashboard.
- Go to the advertiser account > Contacts > Click the upload button right next to the "Create new" button.
- In the Upload Contacts page, the first option is to "Choose what you want to upload." You will have four options:
(A) Upload single contact - Allows you to upload a single contact
(B) Upload previously opted-in contacts - Allows you to upload contacts who have been knowingly apart of a list to receive SMS updates/coupons from the business. This means they have either texted in to be part of the list and have received updates in the past, or have put their number on a list that explicitly states they will be receiving text messages.
(C) Upload contacts requiring opt-in - Allows you to upload contacts who will receive a message asking them to reply "Yes" in order to join your list.
(D) Upload previously opted-in loyalty contacts - Allows you to upload contacts who have been knowingly apart of a loyalty program to receive SMS updates/coupons from the business when users visit the location or make purchases. This means they have either texted in to be part of the list and have received updates in the past, or have put their number on a tablet/kiosk that explicitly states they will be receiving SMS updates/coupons. This also allows you to upload contacts' loyalty points from previous loyalty programs.
- Select the opt-in list or loyalty program that you would like to update with the new numbers and punches.
- Select the short code from which the contacts will be receiving their SMS updates/coupons.
- To the right of the manual number entry, there is a box that asks you to explain how these numbers were obtained. As previously stated, we have a policy that we will not approve numbers checked as ‘previously opted-in contacts’ if the mobile users have not voluntarily opted in via text message or have given their number without understanding that SMS updates will be sent to their phone. We may contact you to ask for a sample of what users will read before signing up.
- If you're uploading contacts requiring opt-in, you can select to specify the delivery time of the opt-in message that these contacts will receive. You can also select "Upon Approval," meaning the opt-in message will be delivered to these contacts as soon as the list is approved.
- Depending on the type of list you're uploading, be sure to download and follow the CSV template to the right of the upload option.
- Upload the contacts by using the CSV file you've downloaded previously.
- To conclude, click "Send" and you will be asked to confirm the numbers to be uploaded.
The contacts are usually approved within a few hours. Keep in mind that the list of numbers uploaded to the platform will be scrubbed of bad numbers and landlines. This mobile lookup procedure charges your advertiser account with 1 credit per contact you decide to upload. If contacts require an opt-in, all successfully uploaded contacts will receive a confirmation message as well as a welcome message. Credits will be charged to the advertiser account for confirmation messages and welcome messages so long as the user confirms.