An opt-in list is used to add mobile numbers or contacts that have opted to receive text messages from a list in your advertiser account. Mobile numbers are added to an opt-in list by having the actual owner of the mobile number text a keyword or you uploading the contacts to the list. Please click here if you're looking to create a lead list.
- Start by clicking the "Contacts" tab in the advertiser dashboard:
- In the Contacts page, click on "Create New":
- In the Contact List Wizard, under "Choose List Type," select "Opt-in database":
- Under "List Name," type the name of your list:
- Under "Selected Keywords," you can add a keyword(s) to your list so when users text your selected keyword(s) they will be added to your list.
- Select "Add Keyword" to choose a keyword(s) to add.
- A pop-up screen will show.
- If you have created any keywords previously, you will be presented with a list of those keywords created.
- If you haven't created any keywords previously, you will also have an option to add one by clicking "Request Keyword."
- Type the keyword you'd like to add and click "Check" to see if it's available.
- If the keyword is available, a green checkmark will be shown. Click "Lease" to add the keyword.
- You can find the newly created keyword in your list of keywords. Select your keyword and click "Add Keyword(s)."
- Your keyword(s) will then be shown under "Selected Keywords."
- Under "Opt-in Message," type the message users will receive when texting your selected keyword(s) or when they're added to the list via upload.
- Under "Estimated Frequency," select the number of text messages that user can expect to receive - this number will be shown in the opt-in message:
- Under "Personalization, Ask For," you can select if you'd like to ask users additional information after opting-in, such as "Name and Zip Code." This will send an additional text message after users receive the opt-in message. If a user answers, their information will be added to their contact profile. Please note that personalized messages will use additional credits for each message sent.
- You will also find the following additional options:
- Require Double Opt-in: Sends a text message to the user's mobile number asking them to reply "Yes" before they can opt-in to your list.
- Apply Age Gate: Asks users to enter their birthdate in MM/DD/YYYY format to proceed opt-in. If the user is underage they will not be opted-in.
- Custom "Reply Yes" Message: When "Require Double Opt-in" is checked or when a user subscribes from a web form, a confirmation text will be sent for the user to reply "Yes" or "Y".
You can customize our default message: "Reply 'YES' to opt-in and receive text msgs from X. No purchase necessary. Terms: https://mcpn.us/p?c=0"
- Enable Opt-in Tags: Allows the user to enter the keyword (space) (Data) ex. "SALAD SPECIAL." This information will be available in the Opt-in Tag Report
- Under "Opt-in Coupon," you will have the following options - these aren't mandatory:
- Opt-in Reward Coupon: Select a previously created coupon to go out after a user opt-ins.
- Referral Reward Coupon: Include a reward to users who shared a coupon with friends via Social media or text message. The coupon will be sent when the first new user opts-in. This is a one-time coupon sent per user per list.
- Finally, you will also have the following options - these aren't mandatory:
- Alternative Auto Reply (For Existing Subscribers): Use this option if you want existing subscribers to receive a different opt-in message in case that they are texting the keyword associated with the opt-in list again.
- Notify me when users opts-in: Receive a notification every time a new user opt-ins.
- Click "Save" when done
- You're all set. Have a blast!
Article is closed for comments.