Our tracking URL feature allows you to create a link that you can track for views when is sent to mobile numbers.
Creating a Tracking URL
- Go to the advertiser dashboard and click on "Tracking URL":
- Click on "Add New":
- Enter a name for your URL - this is the name that will show in your tracking URL list
- Under "Redirect URL," enter the URL where users will be sent to when clicking your link
- Set up a CNAME to use your own source URL that will create your customized links when sending messages.
- Head over to your domain provider and look for the CNAME options.
- For example, if your domain was yourdomain.com, you would create a CNAME such as sms.yourdomain.com and point it to mcpn.us
- You would then copy and paste sms.yourdomain.com into "Source URL" field
- Once you create a CNAME and add the source URL, the URL that your clients will receive will be something like this, for example, https://sms.yourdomain.com/7tuy9g
- Optional: Click on the advanced tab where you can add a tag to all the users who will view your URL. For example, you can later send a text blast only to the users who have viewed the URL by creating a filter with that tag.
- Select the opt-in list that will be associated with the tag created.
- Click "Save."
Sending Your URL
- Once your URL is created, you can now send it by clicking the "Send" button.
- You can check the mobile numbers viewing your URL by clicking on "Total Views" or "Unique Views"
- Total Views: The total number of URL views by all users more than once
- Unique Views: The number of distinct mobile users who have viewed the URL